“Genes do not determine disease on their own. Genes function only by being activated, or expressed, and nutrition plays a critical role in determining which genes, good or bad, are expressed”
- T. Colin Campbell
Your weight, health or fitness performance is a combination of genetics and a culmination of years of experiences, habits and exposure to accurate and inaccurate nutrition information. You are unique in your nutrition requirements to be healthy and feel good.
I can help you sort through all the information to develop a eating plan that works for you.
Included on the resource page are a wide variety of references for nutritional information. There are consistent themes across most nutrition advice. They are:
1) eat lots of different colored vegetables
2) eating whole fruits (not fruit juice) is good for most people and fruit is nutrient dense
3) eat high quality protein at each meal
4) omega-3 fatty acids are good for your health
5) diets (a one time event) always fail to produce long term results, changing your eating pattern and habits for healthy living have a better track record
6) everyone has different genes and lifestyle which means that everyone’s optimal nutrition is different. Once size does not fit all.