“Genes do not determine disease on their own. Genes function only by being activated, or expressed, and nutrition plays a critical role in determining which genes, good or bad, are expressed”
- T. Colin Campbell
Your weight, health or fitness performance is a combination of genetics and a culmination of years of experiences, habits and exposure to accurate and inaccurate nutrition information. You are unique in your nutrition requirements to be healthy and feel good.
I can help you sort through all the information to develop a eating plan that works for you.
Included on the resource page are a wide variety of references for nutritional information. There are consistent themes across most nutrition advice. They are:
1) eat lots of different colored vegetables
2) eating whole fruits (not fruit juice) is good for most people
3) eat high quality protein at each meal
4) omega-3 fatty acids are good for your health
5) diets (a one time event) always fail to produce long term results, changing your eating pattern and habits for healthy living have a better track record
6) everyone has different genes, biology, health concerns and lifestyle which means that everyone’s optimal nutrition is different. Once size does not fit all.